Diesel Subsidy to Fishermen Boats
Diesel subsidy is hoped to reduce the financial burden on fisherman for their livelihood and protect them against market fluctuations.
Benefits to the citizens
The owner of a mechanised boat can avail a subsidy up to 3,000 litres a month while the owner of a motorised boat can avail a subsidy up to 300 litre a month. The government is offering a subsidy of diesel of Rs 9 per litre.
- Must be legal resident of AP
- Fishing must be main occupation
- Members of fishing community
- Own fishing boat. Financial assistance would be extended to operators of rafts along with motorboats.
- Access to bank account
How to apply
Documents needed for application:
- Residential proof
- Aadhaar card
- Certification of livelihood – The Fisheries Department issues a certificate for the members of the fishing community who are associated with this occupation. The applicants need to offer a copy of this document.
- Fishing boat registration documents – If the applicant wants to avail the subsidy perks for the boat, he must submit the fishing boat registration papers.
- Details of the bank account – All grant transfers will be completed through the banks. The applicants will have to provide the necessary bank documents, which highlight the account number and other important details.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Department of Fisheries, Govt. of Andra Pradesh